The First Sitting of the Fourth Meeting of Legislative Council will take place on Friday 21 March 2014 at 10am in the Court House, Jamestown. This session is expected to last two days, continuing on Monday 24 March, and will be broadcast live via SAMS Radio 1.
The main purpose of the meeting will be to discuss this year’s Budget settlement, where the Financial Secretary will present his Budget Speech to Legislative Council. Six Questions will also be taken to the House along with seven Motions, six of which are Bills for Ordinances.
Nine papers will be presented in the House. They are:
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Immigration (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Second Supplementary Appropriation Ordinance, 2014
- The Second Supplementary Estimates, March 2014
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Customs (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Liquor Duty Ordinance, 2014
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Interpretation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2014
- A Bill for an Ordinance – The Appropriation Ordinance, 2014
- Estimates of Recurrent Revenue, Expenditure and Capital Expenditure 2014/15
- The St Helena Public Accounts Committee – Report to Legislative Council on the Formal Session of the Public Accounts Committee held on 10 February 2014.
Three elections will also take place during the Meeting. These will be to elect a Chairman of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee, to elect a new member of Executive Council following the resignation from ExCo of Councillor Cyril George, and to elect a member of the Public Accounts Committee.
The meeting will conclude with the customary Adjournment Debate, when Councillors will have the opportunity to raise various issues relating to St Helena.
The Order Paper for Friday’s meeting is available on the SHG website at: http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/committee-reports/
17 March 2014