The Land Planning and Development Control Bill and the Building Control Bill plays a large part in the work of the Division.
The Property Division has 4 core functions, namely, land disposal and registration, building
maintenance, housing management and the Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Building Maintenance – maintenance of the entire SHG built estate through a series of planned and reactive maintenance programmes.
- GIS – the capture and storage of physical data to assist decision making processes and property surveys to support the Land Registry.
- Housing Management – management of SHG housing stock (Government Landlord and Chief Secretary properties).
- Land disposal and registration – lease or sale of SHG lands and buildings under the
- Land Disposal Policy; plus the registration of land interest under the Registered Land Ordinance;
The division also exercises control over the Land Development Control Plan in accordance with the Land Planning and Development Control Bill.
- Processes development applications in accordance with the Land Planning andDevelopment Control Ordinance.
- Provides a building control service
- Enforces building regulations under the Building Control Ordinance
- Provides guidance and advice on land planning matters.
Agenda & Minutes
For older minutes of the Land Development Control Authority meetings, please visit the LDCA Archives page.