The Land Planning and Development Control Ordinance and the Building Control Ordinance plays a large part in the work of the Division.
The Property Division has four core functions, namely, land disposal and registration, building maintenance, housing management, and the Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Building Maintenance – maintenance of the entire SHG built estate through a series of planned and reactive maintenance programmes
- GIS – the capture and storage of physical data to assist decision making processes and property surveys to support the Land Registry
- Housing Management – management of SHG housing stock (Government Landlord and Chief Secretary properties)
- Land disposal and registration – lease or sale of SHG lands and buildings under the Land Disposal Policy; plus the registration of land interest under the Registered Land Ordinance
The division also exercises control over the Land Development Control Plan in accordance with the Land Planning and Development Control Ordinance.
- Processes development applications in accordance with the Land Planning and Development Control Ordinance
- Provides a building control service
- Enforces building regulations under the Building Control Ordinance
- Provides guidance and advice on land planning matters
Land Development Control Authority (LDCA) Agendas & Minutes
For older minutes of the Land Development Control Authority meetings, please visit the LDCA Archives page.